BMW ICOM NEXT A Latest Generation Diagnostic Head For BMW, MINI, Rolls-Royce BMW-Model.
BMW ICOM NEXT A+B+C NEW GENERATION OF ICOM A2
ICOM NEXT Improved Functionality and Performance:
1. Can Replace BMW ICOM A2, including all function of ICOM A2.
2. Package come with Latest V2019.12 ICOM HDD with WIN7 System.
1. Gbit workshop LAN,backwards compatible
2. Preparation for Gbit LAN on vehicle OBD(cars do not yet supportthis and interface not yet defined,ICOM Next hardware adaptation will be necessary for future Gbit car interface,will cause adaptation costs)
3. Faster start-up times and high throughput
4. Through high-performance,low-power ARM SoC
5. Improved handling
6. More flexible OBD cable
7. Lighted button for logs etc
Comparison between ICOM Next and ICOM A2:
Functionally compatible to ICOM A2
Mechanical design similar ICOM A2
Backwards compatible to car adapters (ICOM B, C) and motorcycle adapters (ICOM D, E)
ICOM NEXT ABC Specifications:
Zeroization of data on tamper detection
Secure supply chain assurance
Key storage using physically un-clonable function
CRI Pass-Through DPA Patent Portfolio
Advanced cryptographic Services
ICOM HDD Software List and Functions:
9000 remaining days
No. Software Name Software Function
1 ISPI-NEXT Admin Tools ISPI-NEXT authorization software
2 ISPI Admin Client ISPI-NEXT authorization management and environment Configuration software
3 ISTA-D(Rheingold) Diagnostic and repair guide, including Diagrams and disassembly Figure
4 ISTA-P(ISSS-NEXT) Programming and coding software system
5 HDD-Update Navigation software upgrade back-office services (function with ISTA-P, need to Import map files)
6 KSD Work software
7 ETK Accessories Catalog
8 E-SYS Engineer Software for F series (available for programming and coding)
9 WINKFP Engineer Software for E series, for programming
10 NCS-Expert tool Engineer Software for E series, for coding
11 INPA Engineer Software for E series, for diagnosis
12 Tool32 Engineer Software for E series, able to run directly
13 BMW Coding Tool Auxiliary Software of Engineer Software for E series (Available to import model data to WINKFP and NSC)
14 NcsDummy Auxiliary Software of Engineer Software for E series (Available to modify NCS data)
15 IToolRadar Used to recognize ICOM, activate or release ICOM Port
16 EasyConnect Used to Configure the Environment Parameter of Engineer Software for E series, can activate or release ICOM Port
Dual-core processor, better above I3; over 4G of memory
It is recommended to use Lenovo ThinkPad: T61, T410, T420, T430, X200, X201, X220 X230 and other laptop with Intel chipset, such as I3/ I5 / I7 series.
How to connect BMW ICOM NEXT with vehicles?
1pc x BMW ICOM NEXT A+B+C
1pc x BMW ICOM B Most
1pc x BMW 20pin Cable
1pc x USB Cable
1pc x LAN Cable
1pc x OBD Cable
1pc x ICOM HDD
For MOST non-free shipping goods, default shipping method is DHL. Need 3-7 working days on the way after dispatch the goods.YANWEN Express:
7-14 working days on the way, no need to pay tax for most european counties.EMS:
6-10 working days on the way. To Russian only send by EMS. For some remote area, if you do not want to pay remote fee, we can send it to you by EMS too.Aramex:
5-10 working day. To most middle east counries. If you do not like this shipping method, please leave message on your order.Flat airmail:
7-18 working days on the way. For remote area or holiday, need more time.Attention:
If you needs YANWEN express shipping or other shipping method like UPS, TNT, FedEx and so on, or you have special needs for your order, such as declared name and so on, please leave message on the order to notify us
. Otherwise we will send the order as our usual practice.
As different country has different import policy, sometimes we will change the shipping method based on the counties and goods.
When you get the parcel, before sign for acceptance, please check the package to make sure the product is correct and no damage. For any question, please contact us at:Online Customer Service
Part 1:How to: ICOM Next DHCP Configuration + WiFi Connection
Part 1:How to: ICOM Next DHCP Configuration + WiFi Connection
Part 2:how to restore BMW ICOM NEXT A
Well, I’ll chip in my few words of experience of BMW ICOM Next DHCP Configuration + WiFi Connection
Tool: ICOM Next
Car: BMW F10 series
- DHCPI have configured this to work before with a chinese clone but ISTA+ wont connect with ICOM Next. Configured ICOM to DHCP, did the same to TP-Link router. Submask for LAN the same for ICOM and router. I get identification error. If I remove router, connection is OK except for ICOM Direct interface option in ISTA. I followed the numerous DHCP configuration instructions found around the internet.
- WIFI OptionIt is quite frustrating finding info from the forums. All posters assume everyone is at the knowledge level they are at. I have Icom next genuine and TP-Link router. I tried setting up WLAN and my icom came up with “UNSUPPORT service” in itoolradar and green light in WLAN when ethernet disconnected. However my ethernet was then failing to connect so restored the ICOM. Got me really worried.
Well, searched a lot on the web..
And almost solved!!!
Managed to set up the WIFI. You set up TP-Link as an access point, access key similar to that in ICOM,access point name common to both router and ICOM configuration. Then connect TP-Link to ICOM with ethernet cable, in wifi, connect to the WIFI network you just set up. I can now receive IP address in itoolradar as if it was in DHCP mode.
BUT IT CANT CONNECT TO CAR. IDENTIFICATION FAILURE. Tried all interface options. Needless to ask, interface set up with Easy connect. I can see icom interface in connection manager, KL15 has voltage, I have ethernet and Dcan shown as available protocols in connection Manager but still no luck. Direct connection with ethernet works a treat. Where is the quirk in DHCP or WIFI connection?
Well, I can now work wirelessly with any ICOM!!!
My connection issue was VMware adapter. Disabled it and now I can connect by plugging in the TP-Link router to ICOM and setting it up as an access point. ICOM in DHCP, laptop in DHCP. Perfecto!!
Only method that I cant get to work is pure WIFI i.e ICOM to car, Wifi router as accesspoint on power, laptop connected to access point wifi. I don’t get any IP on itoolradar this way. ICOM may not be connecting to the router but honestly, I don’t care since my set up works I,e router connected to icom via ethernet
Tried Mypublicwifi software but it does not run on my win 10, No idea why, It just does not set up.
Here are optional solutions of how to restore BMW ICOM NEXT A, each tested by bmw icom users. Any solution can be tried yourself but need luck with unknown security,TRY ON YOUR OWN RISK
— Icom next recovery files download @bmwcars1968
— How to restore icom next with problem of the RED light @SCOTT
There is a reset button inside the tool
look at photo
I opened my tool , put it to the DLC of car and pressed the button and the tool came back to green lights and works .
in fact , i pressed both button frantically, that one and the one on the other side but it worked.
— Restore icom next firmware @slaw1971
1: put al from folder “ICOM Next firmware” directly to root pendrive (fat32 format)
2: connect pendrive to USB ICOM
3: press and hold reset button
4: connect ICOM to OBD socket (12V)
5: release reset button and fast press 3x again
6: wait few minutes
that all ( similarly like ICOM A2 restore)
— ICOM NEXT restore after failed update @Bibobabo
after BMW had published the new ICOM Next, I was very happy to get rid of crappy ICOM China clones. But only after a few times use, after a new installation, I made a firmware update. Procedure was made similar to ICOM A2.
Right after update my ICOM Next was bricked. Red LEDs were on and no communication with car either with ICOM. After several tries to restore my expensive doorstopper with ICOM Next firmware 03-14-08, I thought about giving up. It connected with laptop only every second time, selftest showed “Smartfusion error” and LEDs went green and red like they wanted to.
Now here comes the ultimate solution. I think it is a firmware issue, because many people here have similar problems:
Please download this, extract and put this on a fresh formatted (FAT32) USB stick. Put the stick in your ICOM NEXT, push and hold the button while you plug ICOM to a well charged car. Hold the button for at least 4-5 seconds. Now release the button and push it again 3 times within 5 seconds. Update should start. Please be patient. I waited about 5-7 minutes to finish the update. After all is done 4 RED LEDs will be on. Do NOT unplug ICOM. WAIT! After some time all LEDs will turn off.
Now you can unplug ICOM, remove USB and plug it back to car again. Everything should work now. Good Luck!
Attachment: ICOM Next restore file
— Icom next a restore @gyanyx
In order to solve your incident, please apply the following steps:
Note: DO NOT UNPLUG the [ICOM Next] from the [OBD II] jack after an update via [ISTA], a web interface or an emergency software update.
The [ICOM Next] starts with flashing green SYSTEM [LED]s. After about 10 seconds it shows red [LED]s for about 2 minutes. After this, the [ICOM Next] reboots due to a firmware update.
If the [ICOM Next] [LED]s remain red for more than 10 minutes, or if the [ICOM Next] is unplugged directly after an update, please carry out the following procedure:
1. Please ensure that ALL of the following prerequisites are satisfied:
1.1. You require a [USB] 2.0 or [USB] 3.0 flash drive. ([USB] 1.x flash drives are not supported).
1.2. The [USB] flash drive must be formatted with a [FAT32] file system.
1.3. A minimum of 60 [MByte] free space is required on the [USB] flash drive.
2. Navigate to “[C:\ProgramData\BMW\ISPI\data\TRIC\ICOMNext\ICOM-Image-03-14-08]”.
ProgramData folder is hidden by default. In that case, you have two options in order to access the file or the folder:
– change the settings directly in the Windows Explorer (“Tools => Folder Options => View => Show hidden files, folders or drives”)
– or enter the whole path into the Windows Explorer’s address bar and press enter.
3. Copy “[ICOM_Next-rootfs-010002.tar.gz]” to the root directory of the [USB] flash drive.
4. Copy “[ICOM_Next-app-010008.tar.gz]” to the root directory of the [USB] flash drive.
5. Disconnect the [ICOM Next] from the power supply.
6. Plug the [USB] flash drive into the [ICOM NEXT].
7. Press and hold the button pressed on the [ICOM Next] and connect the [ICOM NEXT] to the [OBD II] jack of a vehicle.
8. Keep the button pressed. The [ICOM NEXT] starts with all [LED]s glowing red. The [LED]s stay red; some may flicker orange/yellow. Keep the button pressed.
9. Keep the button pressed. After about 4 seconds, all [LED]s turn orange/yellow. All [LED]s now glow in the same colour.
10. Release the button and then press it three times within five seconds. The [LED]s glow or flash red and orange/yellow again.
11. Wait: This procedure may take several minutes. Do not disconnect the [ICOM NEXT] as long as any [LED] glows red.
12. After about 5 minutes the SYSTEM [LED] turns green again. The [ICOM NEXT] has been updated and is ready for use.
IMPORTANT: When the software update is complete, the [ICOM NEXT] needs to be connected to the dealer’s network in order to be reconfigured.
All previous settings are lost during the update. If there is a “[user.settings]” file on the [USB] flash drive, it will be applied after the firmware update.
Attachment: recovery files (https://mega.nz/#!IgoWjZqS
key:!qBrLjgDHGhltsiNuunPeyJTy2sOhdoMVKe6r-b_KuVQ) . just unzip the folder and copy those 2 archives on USB root folder. do not unzip them again. (BIG THANKS to all members above share info to all)