New product Ford VCM II Diagnostic Tool with WIFI, wireless connection is supported between laptop and the Ford VCM II, more convenient for diagnosing.
V117 VCM2 VCM II For Ford Diagnostic Tool
Multi-language: English, Spanish, Spanish(Mexico), French, French(Canada), German, Greece, Finland, Slovenia, Danmark ,Czechic, Chinese(Taiwan), Chinese(China), Amer English, Vietnam, Turkey, Thailand, Swedish, Russian, Portuguese, Portuguese(Brazil), Poland, Norwegian, Holand, Korea, Japanese, Italy, Indian, Hungary,
Top 4 reasons to get FORD VCM II version:
1) WIFI function, need to buy extra wifi card to use
2) Ford specialed scanner
This scanner is only for Ford vehicles. With Integrated Diagnostics Software (IDS), VCM II provides full dealer diagnostic capabilities for most 16 pin Fords till all new 2013. It supports the Vehicle Measurement Module (VMM) and new Customer Flight Recorder (CFR).
3) User-friendly design
The VCM II has shock resistant rubber ends and plastic box, making it easy to carry and store, more suitable for garage and workshop environments.
4) Optional function
There is an an optional CFR cable
for VCM II. The CFR replaces the Vehicle Data Recorder (VDR). It allows the VCM II to monitor and record live data streams. This provides an advantage for technicians when diagnosing
Ford VCM II Diagnostic Tool Functions:
1. Automatic vehicle recognition
2. Read & Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs)
3. Live Data-stream with Recording & Playback Functions for Main ECUs
4. Guided Fault Finding
5. New Software Re-flash for Existing ECUs
6. Programming & Installation of new ECUs (PCM, ABS, Instrument Cluster, Air Bag, Fuel Pumps, etc.)
7. Program New Keys
8. Injector Coding
9. Set, Adjust or Remove Speed Governors
10. DPF Regeneration
11. Brake Bleeding
12. Steering Angle Resets
13. All Other Dealer Functions
1pc x VCM2 interface
1pc x OBD2 cable
1pc x USB cable
1pc x CD-DVD (Software IDS v84)
1pc x Plastic box
What should you pay attention to install V97 VCM II FORD software:
Change your PC time before 2015.9 and setup your PC time zone to USA. It has two ways for software installation, here is the detailed instruction and advantage:
1) Best way install the software via VMware
If your PC has 2G RAM or more, then can use this one. For VMware, once you setup PC software installation time before 2015.9, then it will not be changed. Thus, no need you change PC time or frozen software. First install software from V86 to V96, then install V97. After done, then test this software with your car. Another advantage for this installation is, because this software no need frozen, when new software release in the future, you can go on to install the new software, just like this v96 finish installation and install V97.
2) Install the software without VMware
If you do not want to use VMware installation way, you can use this way to install. Still change PC installation time before 2015.9, then install V86 first. Then go on to install the next version. When you install the next software, usually it has 3 days, such as V96, when you install V96 ready, test it with your car, if it can work normally, go on to install V97 within 3 days. After done, frozen the software. Another disvantage for this is, because software is frozen, for next new version, maybe it cannot go on to install. Such as if you frozen V96 software, then cannot go on to install V97 VCM II software on the same PC.
What is the difference between so many VCM II Ford?
||IDS V86 JLRV135
||IDS V86 JLRV135
||Ford and Mazda
||Ford, mazda, Land rover, jaguar
||Ford, mazda, Land rover, jaguar
|pin code calculator
|SP239-B has the difference working method as others. Quality A has the best quality. For ford VCM II which do not have WIFI adapter, if you need WIFI function, you need to buy the WIFI D-link Wireless card. Now vcm ii software adds VMware software inside. Best way is install the VMware first, then install the software on VMware. If you do not want VMware, you can choose the way without vmware to install.
DHL: For MOST non-free shipping goods, default shipping method is DHL. Need 3-7working days on the way after dispatch the goods.
YANWEN Express: 7-14 working days on the way, no need to pay tax for most european counties.
EMS: 6-10 working days on the way. To Russian only send by EMS. For some remote area, if you do not want to pay remote fee, we can send it to you by EMS too.
Aramex: 5-10 working day. To most middle east counries. If you do not like this shipping method, please leave message on your order.
Flat airmail: 7-18 working days on the way. For remote area or holiday, need more time.
If you needs YANWEN express shipping or other shipping method like UPS, TNT, FedEx and so on, or you have special needs for your order, such as declared name and so on, please leave message on the order to notify us. Otherwise we will send the order as our usual practice.
As different country has different import policy, sometimes we will change the shipping method based on the counties and goods.
When you get the parcel, before sign for acceptance, please check the package to make sure the product is correct and no damage.
For any question, please contact us at:
Ford IDS v100.01 Software Installation video
1.Free download & install IDS V117 Ford VCM2
2.How to update Ford VCM2 IDS to V97 (V97.1)
1.Free download & install IDS V117 Ford VCM2
IDS V117 is tested working fine with Ford VCM2 clone, this post is available with the newest IDS software new features, free download links and how to install.
- IDS V117 Free download + Installation Guide
Step 1: Download Diagnostic Software, then Install Diagnostic Software:
IDS 117 Full
Step 2: Download VCI Software, then Install VCI Software:
VCI Software 18.104.22.168
Step 3: Download Diagnostic Software Updates (if available)
Then Run Diagnostic Software Updates:
Update IDS 117.04
See IDS Update Release Dates below:
Step 4: Download VMS
Then Install VMS
(Optional – VCMM Users Only)
Click here for VMS Manual
After Installing: Diagnostic Software Updates will pop up on Mondays and Thursdays when available.
- VCI firmware what’s new – contain details on this new software.
IMPORTANT: Changes to VCM II and VCMM
VCM II & VCMM Device Software (“VCI Software”)
- Previously, installing IDS or FDRS would install everything that is needed in order to use a VCM II/VCMM with any of the Ford diagnostic software (IDS, FDRS & VMS). There is now a new package separate from
- IDS and FDRS, called VCI Software.
- This VCI Software package WILL NEED to be downloaded in order to use your VCM II or VCMM, regardless of whether this is the first time you have downloaded IDS/FDRS.
- This will improve download and installation time, as previously you were downloading and installing these components with BOTH IDS and FDRS.
- You WILL NOT need to download and install this package every release, only when there is an update to the loaded code on the device.
When launching the VCI Manager, you will be prompted to select which device (VCM II or VCMM) you intend to use.
Only the devices of the selected type will appear in the VCI Manager. If you wish to switch device type, you will have to close the VCI Manager and select the other device.
Note: If the device is already connected via USB, you will bypass the selection screen.
Figure 1: The VCI Launcher desktop icon
Figure 2: The main screen of the VCI Launcher
Figure 3: A side-by-side comparison showing the VCM II Manger and the VCMM Manager
Changes to IDS
- IDS now requires you to select your device type at the launch of IDS.
- If you wish to switch devices while in IDS, you need to navigate to what was previously the Wireless device manager (the green arrows in the upper right hand corner), select the button at the bottom left which says “VCI Type” and select which device you wish to use. You can do this at any time while in the IDS tool.
- Note: It is recommended if you previously pinned IDS to the task bar, that you unpin it in R115, and then re-pin it while on the device selection screen.
Figure 4: The device selection screen when launching IDS.
Figure 5: The new device manager screen. Note the icon in the top right, the VCI Type button in the bottom left, and the VCI Launcher selection window.
VCI Software Uninstaller
- There is now a new component included in the VCI Software package called VCI Software Uninstaller.
- This gives you the ability to uninstall all Ford Diagnostic components (IDS, FDRS, VMS, CFR, and VCI Software) from one central location, rather than having to uninstall each component individually.
- This uninstaller can be accessed by going to StartFord Motor CompanyVCI Software Uninstaller. After following the prompts, you can select which software applications you wish to uninstall.
- Note: If you are removing all components, it is recommended you select “Remove Uninstaller Data” to remove successfully all Ford components from the PC.
Figure 6: The location of the VCI Software Uninstaller
Figure 7: The main screen of the VCI Software Uninstaller
Part2.Ford VCM2 IDS software has newly updated to V97 (23/09/2015). Here is the instruction on updating your Ford IDS to V97.1.
Software version: IDS V97.1
Operating system: Windows XP/ Windows 7 on VMware (recommended)
Free download Ford IDS V97.1 software
You can download form the link directly or download from Thunder (enter URL to download directly), because the software is huge.
How to update VCM2 IDS to V97?
1.Have old V81, V91 IDS installed
1) First install C81 Calibration files and then V86 IDS
2) Then install V91 IDS, if the software displays 3 day trial prompt, then continue to install IDS V96, otherwise quit software installation and change another laptop to re-install software
3) After well install V96 IDS, install IDS V97 software
4) Update VCM2 firmware (following instructions below)
2. Have IDS V96 installed
If you already have VCM2 IDS V96 installed, then directly install V97 IDS and update VCM2 firmware.
How to update Ford VCM 2 scanner firmware?
1) Press the power button on VCM2 scan tool main unit
2) Long-press on the power button, connect VCM2 with power supply, wait for all 4 indicators turn on, then release the button. Then connect VCM2 with computer via USB cable
3) Run IDS software, software will prompt to update firmware. Wait the update procedure is done.
4. Restart computer when firmware update is completed. Connect VCM2 kit with vehicle to start diagnosing or programming functions.