1. Supports Vauxhall/ Opel/ Saab/ Buick/ Chevrolet/ Cadillac 16 pin vehicles from 1996 to 2022.
2. Comes with Latest V2022.2 Software HDD
GM MDI 2 Diagnostic Tool with V2022.2 GDS2 Tech2Win Software HDD
1. MDI is the Multi Diagnostics Interface
2. Works as the high-quality diagnostic interface
3. Latest Software version: V2022.2
4. Support work with Global TIS, GDS 2, Tech2Win software on a new laptop
5. Supports online programming function with GM SPS Subscription
6. Provides full dealer level diagnostics and programming for Vauxhall/ Opel/ Saab/ Buick/ Chevrolet/ Cadillac 16 pin vehicles from 1996 to 2022
7. Multi-language: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Russian, Thai, Japanese, Korean, Chinese
8. Perfoms quickly and used easily to make customers happy and win new business by offering the exact same functions as the main dealers, including:
1) Automatic vehicle recognition
2) DTC reading and removal
3) Complete list of live data streaming for all main ECU
4) Recordable / playback of live data
5) New software flash for existing ECU to fix drivability issues
6) Programming and installation of new ECU (PCM, ABS, Instrument cluster, air bag, fuel pumps etc.,)
7) Programming new keys
8) Setting / removing speed limiters
9) J2534 pass thru offering ECU re-flash and diagnostics for other vehicle manufacturers, when subscribed to their specified software
10) More dealer specific functions
The J2534 Configuration Application
The Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI) is a J2534 device that connects between your computer and the vehicle's J1962 DLC connector for pass-thru
programming of the vehicle's ECU's. The J2534 Configuration Application is installed onto your PC at the same time as the MDI Manager software allowing you to control how your TIS 2 Web application will connect to an MDI. In addition, this application provides API Monitoring controls to aid in investigating problems encountered while using any J2534 devices (including the MDI).
To launch the J2534 Configuration Application from SPS, press the "configuration" button on the Diagnostic settings screen.
Check Engine Compartment for components which may be loose; kinked or pinched vacuum hoses or electrical connections, and for any other missing or disconnected components.
Check to assure that hoses and electrical wires are properly routed to provide sufficient clearance with adjacent moving or hot parts.
Observe the movement or freedom of movement of linkage, valves and other components.
Check for unusual noises within the engine compartment.
Visually inspect for seepage and leaks at hoses and pipe connections, seals, gaskets and plugs.
Tighten clamps and connectors as necessary.
Check power steering gear, lines and hoses for leaks and clearance with adjacent panels, moving or hot parts. Tighten clamps and connectors as necessary.
Test engine coolant protection.
Check all fluid levels; engine oil, transmission oil, power steering oil, battery, brake, and cooling system.
Add inspection items as needed
Check throttle linkage for freedom at wide open and closed throttle.
Check tension on all belts.
Check operation of all interior and exterior lights;
Road test on a route with road conditions permitting the proper evaluation of squeaks and rattles.
During this test, check the following items for proper operation and function;
Visually inspect vehicle undercarriage for looseness, missing components and line routing and clipping, and fluid leaks. – Tighten clamps, couplings and connectors as necessary.
Data transfer and Electronic Control Unit (ECU) reprogramming
Shop network communications (LAN and WLAN)
Future expandability, including diagnostic applications
GM MDI 2 and GDS Background:
MDI is an interface between the vehicle DLC and a PC (by wired USB, wired Ethernet, wireless Ethernet ) and TIS2web.
Can be Used for SPS programming on existing and future SGM vehicles
Required for diagnostics on new SGM Global A Electrical Architecture Vehicles
Used with TIS2Web, GM Global Diagnostics System (GDS), SPS and MDI Manager Software
Allows for GDS diagnostic
GM Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI)
All current and most legacy vehicle protocols: UART, KW2000, CLASS2, GM LAN, etc.
Needed for Global A architechture vehicles
Supports Service Programming System (SPS)
Passthrough progrmming on past model and Global A vehicles
Supports PC-Based diagnostics with rollout of the Global Diagnositc System (GDS) application
Includes Flight Recorder Mode
What protocols does the GM MDI 2 support?
For immediate use — At present, vehicles have two buses on the 16 pin connector
(high speed and low speed GMLAN). The GM MDI communicates using all of the existing GM protocols, the same as the GM Tech2:
- Class 2
- GMLAN (CAN)
Beginning with the 2008 model year vehicles, Pass-Thru will be the only programming method available. (Remote will continue to be available for previous vehicle
Notice: For FD CAN protocol, original GM MDI2 Scanner is recommended.
1pc x MDI device
1pc x DLC Cable SAE J1962
1pc x 10-ft. USB A to USB B Cable
1pc x Ethernet Cable
1pc x Latest Software HDD
Shipping Method and Delivery Time:
EU, UK , US and Russia Warehouse Shipping: 3-5 working days. Fast Delivery & Tax Free.
China Warehouse Shipping:
DHL Shipping: 3-5 working days. Usually we declare a lower value on DHL invoice to help with customs clearance. Please remember to leave message if you have any special requirement.
Yanwen Express: 7-10 working days. No Tax for European Countries.
Standard Post: 7-15 working days. To South America and Africa countries it may take 20-25 working days. Customers can tick Express Shipping Service to ship by DHL.
For any question, please contact us at:
How to configure WiFi for GM MDI 2