Honda HDS Key Programming with HDS HIM diagnostic tool
How to program a new key to Honda using a Honda HDS HIM diagnostic tool (supporting basic diagnostics, programming incl. VIN reading & Immo programming)... For details, here you go...to program honda key transponder.
To add one new key/Keyless transmitter, you need:
1. Immobilizer Mater Key Blank or Immobilizer Valet Key Blank
2. One programmed ignition key (master or valet) for the vehicle
3. Vehicle key code
4. PCM code
5. Honda HDS HIM diagnostic tool
with immobilizer programming software
HDS 3.101.015 (!! cheap honda hds cable
only for diagnosis)
The HDS is required for registration of the immobilizer keys. Programming the immobilizer also programs the keyless transmitter.
Use the HDS with Honda key blacks to add a key or keyless control unit, storing the transponder code of the new key in the memory of the control unit.
6. Condor XC-MINI key cutting machine
Make sure the market, the date, and the time on the HDS setup screen are correct.
Select the F12 key in the upper right corner to get the Set-up Details screen.
Make sure Market is set to USA.
Select the time display in the lower right corner to get the Date/Time Properties pop-up window.
How to program a new key to Honda with Honda HDS scanner:
1) Use an appropriate key blank and the key cutting machine to cut a new ignition key.
2) Connect the Honda HIM diagnostic system with vehicle via OBD socket
3) Insert a programmed ignition key into the ignition switch
4) Turn ignition ON
5) Run Honda diagnostic system personal computer (pc) software and come to iN screen
6) At the screen prompts, enter the VIN and the odometer reading, then verify the correct date and time.
7) Select “IMMOBI” from “System Selection” Menu
8) Select “Immobilizer Setup” from “Immobilizer Test Mode” Menu
9) Select Add and Delete Keys
10) Select Add 1 Key
11) Select Begin to Add 1 Key
12) Follow the HDS screen prompts, if your HDS is not logged in to the iN, you willhave to enter the PCM code you have retrieved from the iN Immobilizer Code Inquiry to proceed.
13) When adding keys procedure completed, turn ignition OFF
14) Exit HDS software and disconnect Honda HIM HDS scan tool from the vehicle
P.s. This is the Honda HDS pocket tester in use.